A short club story
TMJK was founded in 1955 by three avid railway enthusiasts from Trondheim and is with this country's oldest MJ association and the city's oldest leisure hobby organization. In the first few years, the club held home with its members, but later moved into a room on the ceiling of the Railroad People's House in Köpmannsgata. A facility was built for personal use, as well as a facility commissioned by the Railway Museum at Hamar.
The club had to move in 1965 and managed to get a new room in the basement at Nidarvoll School. The club has been in a secluded room in the basement of the school since 1966.
Here we had built a fairly large facility that would represent a thoughtful piece of Norway in the mid 50's. This facility was probably one of Norway's finest facilities to look at, and is featured in several books and magazines. It was with mixed feelings that we decided that the plant would be demolished after about 25 years of construction in the autumn of 1995 in order to make it possible to expand the premises. One of the station areas from Glomfjord was taken care of and was part of the Glomfjord course version 2 which was built afterwards. In the autumn of 2006 it was decided that we should start again and after a thorough planning process, we are in the club's third major facility. The course consists of a main line, Vindheim course, and a sideline, which is still called the Glomfjord course. This time, the plant has much longer driving distances, and is built in two levels!
We have organized 7 model railway and hobby shows at Nidarvoll School and attended numerous exhibitions and exhibitions around the country with our exhibition facilities.
Welcome to our club nights at Nidarvoll School.