Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller
SCARM means Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller software for easy and precise design of model train layouts and railroad track plans.
With SCARM you can easily create the layout of your dreams. Just download the setup package, install it and start editing your first track plan.
In SCARM you can use unlimited number* of tracks and objects from more than 205 libraries and instantly see your design in 3D preview with a single click.
What you can do with SCARM software?
- You can create complex railroad layouts with many train stations on virtually unlimited area
- You can shape flex-tracks easily, intuitively and most important – in very realistic way
- You can deploy your layout on more than one level, with different heights and slopes for chosen sections of the track route
- You can place tunnels and bridges on the track plan
- You can draw figures to create buildings of train stations, houses, industries, etc. together with all needed roads and infrastructure
- You can use semaphores and color light signals to create the signalling in the layout track route
- You can see a 3D view of your layout - just select "3D" button from the toolbar and review your design from all sides and angles
- You can measure distances and check track sections' lengths using the "Tools" menu
- You can export and/or print your layout and share it with other model train fans and enthusiasts
- You can view and print a list with the track pieces needed and even use it as a shopping list
- You can extend the functionality of the main program with various extensions like the Model Trains Simulator
- You can share your ideas with the author, request new features and report bugs and errors, if you find any